Total Pageviews

Monday, January 7, 2013

Pants in the book store 

Kelli in the store. 
Yesterday my car decided to crap out on our way back from spending the afternoon with Portland mom. As part of our Chrisolstacemas presents she took us to powells book store and gave us a spending limit and set us loose. For pants Powells is like a crack house full of her favorite drug... Books! She made sure to lead Kelli and I to the place we need to go to find out own fix. I obtained three new slightly used books Kelli got two and pants got three. We were as happy as kids in a candy store we were having a lovely family outing.

 After the book store we decided we wanted voodoo doughnuts. Now you may never have heard of them but they are some of the best doughnuts in the world!! Trust me they are amazing we again stood like kids in the candy store awaiting our well candy. we picked from the two spinning cases the delightful delicacies that were to ours. We then sat and devoured at least one of our freshly chosen doughnuts.

Voodoo doughnuts good things do come in pink boxes!
We then left to head back to Portland moms house she was going to nap for a while at her house, and I was going to cook dinner at our place and she was going to join us. As we were driving home all of a sudden the car thermostat shot to hot and an alarm went off. I pulled off to the side of the road. Pants and Kelli got out to investigate what could be the potential problem. It was radiator related.. That much we knew. We gave it some time to cool off and attempted to head home. With in seconds it was hot again. SO we added some fluid a whole jug and started off again. While sitting at a stop light we heard a glug glug glug sound. Long story short  and one tow truck ride later the bottom of my radiator blew off. So that is going to cost a pretty penny. I decided to make dinner any how. Baked chicken thighs, stuffed mushrooms and mashed potatoes.
Me cooking
















Mushrooms ready to go in the oven.






Dinner turned out very good. After a long some what traumatizing day we sat down as a family and had dinner. It was supper yummy. It made me thing of my mom and when she makes my favorite comfort food for me. There is something about cooking for others you can't help but put your love and essence in it. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing knowing we all had to work the next day.




On Saturday we decided to go rock hunting. All three of us are rock hounds and Kelli recently found some new places for us to go check out. Off we went the tree little lesbians layered to stay warm. We piled into the PT and listened to Pinks new album me singing at the top of my lungs.



View while rock hunting 

Kelli hunting for rocks



















Today dawned cold,wet and grey. Pants is allowing me to drive her car until mine is fixed.All day today it was one thing or another. I am getting tired of people who create their own drama and then want to complain  to me about the shit storm they have created. I feel as if I am working in a negative on going circle of complaints, back stabbing, drama, being targeted, being lied about and oh so much more dysfunction. I keep trying to tell my self that if I can just weather the storms I will be okay...... What do you do when the storms are every day and you are stuck in the environment due to needing the rate of pay and insurance? I have tried to obtain other employment but I am either over qualified or under due to not having a degree. The job market sucks!! So I made it through another storm, another Monday and am looking forward to pants and Kelli getting home from school so that we can have some love, laughter and family time!!



My standard answer 

No comments:

Post a Comment