Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The only constant in life is change......

So sitting in my new room in my shared house I keep thinking about change. My life has not taken me where I thought it would by the time I was 28. I remember being a little kid and telling my mother I love you so much mommy I am going to live with you until I am thirty....... Well that is not the path that this life has taken me on. I left home long before I was thirty. I was chomping at the bit to become an adult... I wanted all it's freedoms. I was such an all or nothing person. I got my early adult hood as wished but alas it was filled with more rules and deadlines, bills, and other adult worries. The pit falls of adult hood that I never knew. My mother did a good job of hiding those aspects of life from me. I have managed to traverse the "adult" things that have been thrown my way. I have managed to build my life some times lost and wandering and others direct on the path I was walking. I knew where I was going and what I was going to do. Until about three years ago when my mother got sick with cancer. The realization of her mortality rocked my carefully built adult world. I was reduced to a crying snotty child wanting nothing more then the simplicity of childhood. I knew it would be me who went home to take care of her. I can not put into words the emotions behind going home to take care of your mother and realizing that when you come back to your carefully crafted adult life it could be for ever changed. I went home with my beat the crap out of cancer gear. When I first saw my mother my hero she looked so small and fragile. What happened to the strong never back down, crazy beautiful, five foot nothing amazon who had raised me? I numbed my self out to the fear and the pain. I had a plan we were going to kick the crap out of cancer. My mother chose alternative therapies to fight cancer. It involved a lot of organic juices. Thus I was dubbed by my mother the juice bitch. Our sense of humor tends to be a little bent and on the dark side but it works for us.Three months of juice, special soup and a lot of  laughter and my mother appeared to be on the road to recovery..... I was free to return to my adult world but my bearings had been all re arranged where was this path in life going to take me next....?      

2 comments:

  1. May this path take you to your heart's desire.
    I love you!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. The path has taken me to many places. I was living with my ex and her mother that was a year that I don't think I will never forget. I was managing a group home for a while and was all work and no play... This combined with my mother getting married and moving to England spun me into a depression and soon after an epic break down. Three months off work, and some medication I was back on my feet. I no longer was managing the group home I had stepped down. The relief of knowing that I was not the responsible one was more then I could ever wish for. Fast forward through a couple of bad dates, one really bad girl friend and a new apartment and we can begin again. I never imagined at this time last year that I would be married and looking forward to starting a family. That is right folks this crazy wild fem fatal has met her match.

    ReplyDelete