Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Landing in the land of portland

After taking time off to help my mother battle cancer I landed in my new home of Portland Oregon. I had previously lived in a lovely one bedroom with my two fur kids in Eugene Oregon. In my new found home in Portland I was living in a three story town house with my best friend and her mother. I could not have my fur kids in the small room I now called home so they lived up stairs in my best friends room. I was in awe of Portland. The traffic, people left handed exits..... It was all so over whelming. I transfered within my company to a different group home. I was employed living with new room mates and thus new "rules" and with out my fur kids. I learned how to navigate my way to my new home and a few other places. Other then that I did not venture out much I worked and went home. I realize now that I was overwhelmed and this is when the first signs  of anxiety  reared it's head in my life. Portland is so fast paced.... People talking and driving while applying their makeup at sixty five miles an hour. Wake up work all day rush home in the traffic that is backed up for miles..... I was used to the slower paced life of walks along the river, and dinners made with family. But I was with family right? My best friend and her mom. Rab had been my best friend for over four years and we had a mutual understanding that we were family and nothing would ever tear us apart. But living together was much different then our experiences in the past. Rather UN expectedly I met some one after being here for only a short time. Could it be was I to be that lucky? Lady H was lovely and new and exciting and lived in a home all her own in Vancouver. With in no time we had U hauled and I was a permanent fixture in my new home in Vancouver. This was it I had a partner, a home, a job I was living the life..... Or was I? 

1 comment: